In this seminar you will learn the main aspects of software law in the EU, mainly topics as license compliance, software agreements, patents and trademarks, free and open source software, artificial intelligence and internet of things. The course is oriented for beginners and intermediate students or those who wants to learn more about software law. The course will be held digitally with possible lectures on site.
- Software from the perspective of contract and copyright law: the regulatory overview.
- Software patents and patenteability of computer programs.
- Trademarks and software agreements.
- Legal aspects of reverse engineering and decompilation. Copyright-related issues of DRM.
- Software product liability issues, software quality control and the developer`s liability.
- Legal aspects of Free and Open Source Software. Copyleft and non-reciprocal licenses.
- Contracts for software acquisition, distribution and support. Software development agreements.
- Cloud computing and software licensing issues.
- Internet of things and software licensing.
- Data and software: content licensing and data protection issues.
- Artificial intelligence and software law.