This lecture presents an introduction to Security Engineering, Security Management, and Privacy Engineering. The integrated exercises will provide a deeper and practical understanding of the topics discussed in the lecture. The main topics are:
· Cryptographic Building Blocks, Cryptanalysis
· Network Security (e.g. Security Protocols, VPN, Firewalls, Intrusion Detection)
· Host-based Security (e.g. Malware, Trusted Computing)
· Case Studies in Security Engineering
· Security Management Standards (e.g., ISO, Cobit)
· Requirements and Risk Analysis
· Economics of Security and Privacy
· Legal Aspects of Privacy: Terror, Justice, and Freedom
· Privacy-Enhancing Technologies
· Privacy on the Web
This seminar offers students the possibility to work on interesting topics in the area of “Security and Privacy”. Students are required to use at least one research method in their seminar paper and present their progress at mid-term and final presentations. Presentations are ungraded.
Max. participants: 20
Registration: Participants have to sign a specific form in the second week of the seminar.